ant-dev mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Bailliez <baill...@cybercable.fr>
Subject Re: XML support in ant
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 13:23:38 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org>

> At 09:05  5/1/01 -0500, Sam Ruby wrote:
> >Since the licenses for both Crimson and Xerces are compatible with the
> >license for Ant, you could simply include your favorite DOMWriter with
your
> >task for now.  I'd recommend renaming it (at least the package part to
> >avoid conflicts).
>
> Not the Crimson in CVS. It is actually relatively illegal to use in many
> environments ;)

Sorry Peter, but I'm not sure that I understand correctly your statement
here.
This is certainly a language problem, I apologize for that :-(
Could you elaborate on why/what it is illegal to use in "many environments"
(which one ?)
Are you referring to the crimson in cvs or the one offered in EA by Sun ?

--
Stephane Bailliez, Paris - France