ant-dev mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Bailliez <baill...@cybercable.fr>
Subject XML support in ant
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 00:42:40 GMT
Hello all,

I would like to know if there is something that has been
discussed/decided/voted about XML support. Obviously ant is heavily based on
XML and some tasks are generating XML (and probably more and more in a near
future) and this implies manipulating xml. And thus there is a need for
simple things such as:

- importing nodes from one document to another. changeNodeOwner is
com.sun.xml only and importNode is DOM L2.
Workaround: Write the nth importNode for DOM L1.

- XML serialization (at least a DOMWriter). Xerces provides such as support
as well as crimson.
Workaround: Write the nth DOMWriter.

I agree that the optional tasks can use whatever jar they want, so should I
follow this direction and choose the parser that suites me and that
simplifies my coding when developing the optional task ?

This is not a complain, this is just a situation that I would like to
clarify so that I don't duplicate unecessary work and reinvent the wheel as
well as hot water.

Thanks.

--
Stephane Bailliez, Paris - France