ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Rosen, Alex" <aro...@silverstream.com>
Subject RE: Intended change to <zip>
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:53:27 GMT
> >* remove <prefixedfileset> completely as it has only been part of
> >1.3alpha and can be dropped before we come to the first release
> >candidate IMHO.

I agree - no reason to fill up the codebase with old cruft for supporting
backwards-compatibility with alpha versions...

> >* add <zipfileset> for the new functionality.
>
> -0
> Though what does a zipfileset have to do with adding a prefix to files
> added ;) I would like to change it to use mapper and have a
> <mapped-fileset> or <transformed-fileset> or something
> similar but I don't have the time to do it at the moment so .. ;)

It could be called <zipfileset> because it's the fileset used in <zip> tasks.
But it is confusing, since one of its purposes is to be able to reference ZIP
files as filesets. And because it can be used in <jar> and <war> tasks too. I
think <mapped-fileset> or <fileset-ex> or <zip-task-fileset> are all about
equally confusing or ugly, can't come up with anything better...

Alex