ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: [FIX] ??? build.bat for windows 2000
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2001 01:44:36 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin van den Bemt" <mvdb@mvdb.com>
To: "Antdev" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 8:52 PM
Subject: [FIX] ??? build.bat for windows 2000

> Gentleman,
>
> Did anyone check out my build.bat which I mailed earlier to ant-dev. The
> build.bat doesn't work on win2000 (at least not on mine), because it
treats
> value=value in the environment as 2 seperate cmd line parameters. I just
> adjusted it "lightly" and cannot test the jikes stuff in build.bat, but I
> can clean up the echoing if necessary.
> Also don't know if this build.bat works with other win versions. (don't
have
> them available here..)

I think your change doesn't even "work" on W2K either (depends on how you
define "work").

If I call it like this (I know -foo and -bar are not valid args, replace
them by what you like)
D:\temp>ant -verbose -foo -bar
I get:
command line :  -verbose=-foo
and this is simply wrong!

Windows is fucking bad with these things and the only solution I can think
of that works for all Versions W95++ is to call it like 'ant.bat
"-Dproperty=value" ...'.

Nico