ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cognet.com.au>
Subject Re: Question on builds that fail
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 10:19:45 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>
> Ordinarily I agree that consistency is better -- but in this case, I'd
> have to change a whole bunch of stuff, or be out-of-sync yet again with
> CVS. I've been using this mod for a couple of months already, and
> everything already uses "proceed"... and by "everything", I mean all my
> <javac> tasks (which for me is lots and lots and lots), and there's
> properties files and the wrapper-script and documentation...

I have commited a a change which provides a failonerror attribute for
javac. It defaults to true. If you set it to false, the build will
continue. Fear not, Diane, I created an antonym, proceed. If you set this
attribute to true, the build will also continue. Ideally, I'd like to
deprecate that but you know, it seems some people don't like deprecations
so for now bth are supported but I may leave proceed undocumented.

Conor
.