ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Oxspring" <roxspr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Enhancement to available task
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2001 19:32:04 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 1:54 AM
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Enhancement to available task

> At 10:51  2/1/01 -0500, Bill Burton wrote:
> >  <available property="javascript.present">
> >    <if classname="com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager"/>
> >    <if classname="org.mozilla.javascript.Scriptable"/>
> >    <if file="my/generated/javascript/file.js"/>
> >    <unless property="disable.javascript"/>
> >  </available>
>
> I had a think about it and I like this best. It reduces/removes the need
> for complex target setups which was previously the way to do it and is
> clear and easy to understand. With multiple availables it is also possible
> to represent all logical relationships in normal logic (ie basically
> and/or/not+derivatives). What does everyone else think ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete

I may be being daft, but I can't see how this could easily build up "or"s -
assuming that these things are "and"ed together -
however if the available task also took a "operation" attribute, the task
could combine the conditions appropriately... Example steeling from Ceki
Gulcu's "Conditional compilation" request:

<available property="case1" operation="and">
    <if ...test for JNDI... />
    <if ...test for JMS... />
</available>

<available property="case2" operation="or">
    <if ...test for JAXP from Sun... />
    <if ...test for Xerces... />
</available>

Rob