ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: Adding output
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:03:48 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <madscie@att.net>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: Adding output

>   I am trying to put together a helper utility that will
> parse a build.xml file and display the following things
> to the user:
>
>  1.) Complete classpath necessary for the build

Where would you like to take this information from? Ant doesn't know this,
it's not included in the buildfile, ..? Even if you know what classes are
required to build, you still don't know where on the system these classes
are if they are not included in the classpath. Maybe the required jarfile is
not even available on the system? Where will you start searching and where
do you stop?

>  2.) A list of all .java, .jar, .zip, etc. files that
> are used in the build.

"That are used"? Do you mean are needed to compile? Isn't this the same as
1)?

>  3.) A listing of all of the classes that will be built.

This information is not included in the buildfile and not available to ant.

Maybe you can use the depend-task to do something like this, but I can't
tell you how. I think the classes included with the depend-task could be
capable of detecting the required classes and the classes which would be
generated (inner classes and non-public classes in the files, etc.).

Conclusion: Don't know how you will get the required information form a
buildfile, so I can't really help you.

Nico