ant-dev mailing list archives

From "David Dabbs" <dda...@zefer.com>
Subject Ant "templates"
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 02:38:57 GMT
Just after I sent out the prior FYI regarding Ant & the Netbeans IDEI
discovered that they have already implemented 'better templates' for the
upcoming version. See below.

NetBeans is, I believe Open Source. Perhaps their changes/additions could be
folded into the 'standard' Ant distro, particularly if they've enhanced help
for the new user.

David

1.2.2. Better Templates
There should be better build script templates; currently only one template
is provided, a hello-world script with an init target and a dummy target
running <echo>. More sophisticated templates should be provided showing how
to set up Java source compilation with class directories, create JARs, run
Javadoc, and so on - tasks typically needed for users creating a small
Java-based application.
In addition, there could be templates for custom Ant tasks, demonstrating
the basic methods needed to enable interesting data to be passed to the
task, and showing where to do the work.

Bugzilla: #8215

Implemented