ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Brendon Mclean" <brendon.mcl...@gf-x.com>
Subject Ant 1.2 not compatible with JUnit 3.5
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:35:12 GMT
Hi,

Not being involved in the development of Ant and its optional libraries I
cannot be sure, but I think that Ant 1.2 is not compatible with JUnit 3.5
(18-Jan-2001).  I am getting an AbstractMethodError when using the built in
option junit task.  This only occurs when an
assert() is called in from TestCase instance.  The stack trace is as
follows:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError
 at junit.framework.TestResult.addFailure(TestResult.java:46)
 at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:127)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTestRu
nner.java:202)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.execute(JUnitTask.jav
a:268)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:818)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:532)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:506)

I went to the JUnit section of SourceForge.  This is a diff between the
TestResult interface of JUnit 3.4 and 3.5: