ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Bucanek <subscri...@gloaming.com>
Subject init targets
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2000 19:36:17 GMT
So many questions...

The documentation talks about "init" targets.  On first reading, it
appeared that 'init' was a reserved target that would always get
executed first.

I guess I was mistaken.  It now appears that a so-called init target
is simply a target that all other targets depend on.  Which means I
have to ensure that the correct 'depends' attribute is set for every
single target in my project or things won't work.  :(

So, is anyone contemplating defining a target, or a target attribute,
that causes a target to always get executed before any other
target(s)?

Currently, my solution is to write some special code to automatically
add the 'init' target dependency to every other target before I start
the build.

James Bucanek
<mailto:privatereply@gloaming.com>