ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expanding ${} constructs for all attributes
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:07:40 GMT
Jason Rosenberg <jason@squaretrade.com> wrote:

> I'd like to see this in the expanded in <!ENTITY> expansions as
> well:
>
> I realize this may be a limitation with XML parsing....

No a real technical problem, we already implement an EntityResolver of
our own. But note that entities get resolved before any tags have been
parsed, this means we'd be restricted to system properties and
properties defined on the command line.

I'm not sure I'd want to resolve ${} in entity declarations as this
would result in Ant using a specialized variant of XML. And once
XInclude is there (and supported by parsers) I'd love to get rid of
entities completely.

Stefan