ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expanding ${} constructs for all attributes
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:31:52 GMT
Jason Rosenberg <jason@squaretrade.com> wrote:

> Can you describe this EntityResolver.  At the very least,
> I'd like to know if this is something I can use....

An EntityResolver is responsible for finding an external entity based
on the public or system ID the user has specified - see the SAX API.

ProjectHelper.RootHandler implements an EntityResolver that resolves
relative file:// URLs as being relative to the project's basedir
instead of the current working directory of the JVM (which is the
parser's default).

One could plug property expansion in there, basically by invoking
replaceProperties on the systemId before using it.

> In general, it would be good if the entity would just be
> inserted as CDATA, and then it would parse the inserted
> data as if it were there initially.

This is what the parser does, all Ant does is pointing the parser to
the right file. Ant doesn't know the difference between XML data from
the original document and data coming from an external entity.

Stefan