ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extensible Attributes
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:50:02 GMT
Peter Vogel <pvogel@arsin.com> wrote:

> [...]

You are right - didn't think about this option.

> Whatever.  I've modified ant locally to do what we need, but I
> figured it was a useful enough sort of thing that others might want
> it as well

Haven't heard the opinion of others yet - in my projects the concept
of "owner of a target" doesn't make too much sense YMMV - and I can do
all extra stuff I need in the description attribute common to almost
every tag you find in Ant.

> and it would be nice to not have to integrate the change each time
> we choose to move to the latest revision of ant.

I know what you mean, this is what made me create the <patch> task a
while back.

I've yet to hear the opinion of others on your proposal (ignore
unknown attributes but warn), I wouldn't veto the change though.

Stefan