ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Going on vacation
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:34:19 GMT
OK, the very next mail I send will unsubscribe me from that list, so
merry Christmas, happy new year and all that.

Unfortunately I did not get around reading Duncan's first draft in
depth, I'll do so as soon as I get connected to the net again.

Basically my first thoughts were, that Duncan really has put together
some of the best ideas that have been flying around into one
document. I don't see to much of any of the proposals here, big thanks
for that.

I agree with Pete that the Workspace/Module metaphor doesn't work out
in all cases, especially in situations where one thing can be a module
or a workspace depending on context. And yes, let's get rid of as much
implicit stuff as possible.

The property set syntax looks a lot more complicated than what we
currently have, maybe a <typedef> similar to <taskdef> would help to
achieve basically the same thing that builder does but with an easier
syntax, not sure.

See you next year

Stefan