ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant2 and properties
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 08:44:29 GMT

> I see the following as the scopes
> 1. Workspace
> 2. Project
> 3. Target
> 4. Task
>
> Scope 4 is completely seperate from all others so can effectively be
> ignored.

Apart from this mail I've never seen the Workspace scope. I see the
distinction between Workspace and Project is somewhat similar to the
one between Project and Subproject - there are some properties you set
in the higher level that should never be overwritten and others where
it should be permitted IMHO.

> I don't think anyone has decided how property setting will work (ie
> are overwrites allowed, do we always write to current scope or
> parent scope or ...) but other than that do I grok the current ideas
> ?

I'm not sure it has been decided to unify properties as they are in
1.x with references to something new (properties 2.x) but I can't
remember anybody arguing against it.

Other than that I think you've summarized the current state correctly
- but maybe that's just because I agree with you 8-).

Stefan