ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Jar.java War.java Zip.java
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:29:39 GMT
Alex Rosen <arosen@silverstream.com> wrote:

> That's a valid point, though I can definitely see this either
> way. If Ant supported the prefix and/or fullpath attributes on all
> tasks where it made sense (e.g. copy and move), would you still
> object?

Does it make sense in copy?

All use cases I can come up, something like

<copy todir="target">
  <fileset dir="src1" />
  <prefixedfileset dir="src2" prefix="inner/" />
</copy>

would be better suited and more readable by two separate <copy> tasks
IMHO.

<copy todir="target">
  <fileset dir="src1" />
</copy>
<mkdir dir="target/innner" />
<copy todir="target/inner">
  <fileset dir="src2" />
</copy>

> In any case, with Pete's latest change, both <filesets> and
> <prefixedfilesets> can have these extra attributes in Zip
> tasks.

Thats because I was not paying attention 8-). addFileset should have a
plain FileSet as its argument IMHO.

Stefan