ant-dev mailing list archives

From Mariusz Nowostawski <mari...@marni.otago.ac.nz>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Optional Tasks
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 01:40:28 GMT

I fully support Jose opinion below. To me, the only useful separation
would be two-fold: tasks dependent on external tools/jars/whatever, and
core tasks which are boundled with "core" ANT and are (core) JDK dependent
only.
"Core" ANT should continue to maintain, ship and manage all the
"core" tasks, and do not manage at all optional tasks - they should be
spread all over the places. That would be, as pointed before, useful to
have some of the optional tasks uniformly managed or documented, but,
well, I think tradeoff between complexity of management and flexibility
for optional task developers is not of that big importance

cheers
Mariusz