ant-dev mailing list archives

From Mariusz Nowostawski <mari...@marni.otago.ac.nz>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Optional Tasks
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 02:20:02 GMT
On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> How about:
>
> Core Tasks = all tasks ant needs to build itself.

Just very quick look at ant build.xml and:
replace, fail, exec-family, rename, ...
and possibly others are not needed to build ant, but still, to me they
_should_ be part of the core. The definition suggested is not good enough,
I think.

Personally, I also would like to have jikes support in core, whatever
model of tasks ANT will have. No matter how nice the task pluggable
architecture of ANT is, java compiler is a such integral part of every
building process, that good support with variety of compilers is only good
for ANT. If I could, I would discourage removing jikes from the core. ;o)

cheers
mariusz