ant-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <Barrie.Trel...@camtech.com.au>
Subject Re: Content in tags
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 05:18:57 GMT
On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Peter Donald wrote:

> I think that any element that has sub-elements should not be able to also
> have content - rather you only have content or sub-elements. ie The below
> is valid while the above is not. Anyone else share same opinion ?
>
> <task1 ...>
> This is the content
> </task1>

+1 from me.

XML allows you to do things like this but in practise its rarely
needed.  Although HTML is built in this way, but thats probably a
reflection of the poorness of HTML than it being a good way to express
the data structure.

I dont see Ant requiring this feature.

Barrie
--
Barrie Treloar

  Barrie Treloar                      Phone: +61 8 8303 3300
  Senior Analyst/Programmer           Fax:   +61 8 8303 4403
  Electronic Commerce Division        Email: barrie@camtech.com.au
  Camtech (SA) Pty Ltd                http://www.camtech.com.au
 --- Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia. ---