ant-dev mailing list archives

From mpfoe...@ThoughtWorks.com
Subject Re: ant 2
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:06:32 GMT

doh! I'd reimplemented the xml parsing to try out a few new things and
hadn't notice that the original source handled this now...

FWIW, one of the other things I was trying out was a more java-beanish way
of handling child elements. In particular, I tried using indexed properties
instead of the createFoo methods. For example, the current version of
MatchingTask has a method:

PatternSet createPatternSet()

which is how you have to do things when you're creating the tasks as you
parse the xml. But it you're creating the task later, you can have a method
like:

void setPatternSet(PatternSet[] patterns)

which would make the task class more usable in other tools, since it
follows the javabean spec. Do most people agree that this is the way to go?

                    Jon Stevens

                    <jon@latchkey        To:     <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                    .com>                cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: ant 2

                    12/11/2000

                    12:04 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ant-dev

on 12/11/2000 9:09 AM, "mpfoemme@ThoughtWorks.com"
<mpfoemme@ThoughtWorks.com> wrote:

> Another change is to not instantiate task objects until right before
> they're executed. This allows us to define the task in the same script
> where we use it:

You can already do that.

Example: <http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/anakia.html>

-jon