ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Ant vs. other "ant"s (was: Re: Whoa Bessie...)
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2000 03:48:06 GMT
James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> All Open Source licenses are based on Copyright
> Law which is based on the concept of ownership.
> *Somebody* has to own the code. In our case it's
> the ASF Members.

Don't stop there.  The owners have clearly laid out a process for making
decisions, and posted it on the web at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html.

Being primary author means you get to cast a vote, nothing more.  Nothing
less.

In particular, I believe the following is a false assertion:

> I think I've got a right to Ant's "vision thing".
> Other visions are fine, but they aren't Ant imo.

- Sam Ruby