ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Davis" <jsd2...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject RE: Did somebody say Shut up and Write? :)
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:33:55 GMT
So... when do we see updates to the proposals? ;->

Great! That is just the type of simple statement needed.

> All other problems that can be solved are tangential to that original
> problem case. While it would be nice to use Ant to build c/c++ files --
> actually Configure/Make serve some really good needs here that just don't
> happen in the Java world. There's no reason why all of this can't be done
> with Ant as currently implemented even, however it's not the original
> problem domain. Same with XML/XSLT/Website builds. Possible, but it *is*
> important to know what the highest order bits are.

The XML/XSLT/Website is a bit more closely associated with Java, for us J2EE
server side geeks. :)

> An installer should be a separate
> program/product/entity. Where there's synergy, yes, good, but otherwise,
> it's not a high order bit.

Good.  In every organization I have worked in, this has been a very separate
step in the development process.  However, there's nothing stopping anyone
from employing some clever code re-use.