ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: A Users Experience
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:14:22 GMT
> on 12/4/2000 6:06 PM, "Conor MacNeill" <conor@ebinteractive.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Do you have a JAXP compliant parser in your classpath? Did you read the
> > "System Requirements" section of the documentation? It states
> >
> > System Requirements
> > To build and use ant you must have a JAXP compliant XML parser
> installed and
> > available on your classpath.
> >
> > If you do not have a JAXP compliant XML parse installed, you may use the
> > reference implementation available from Sun. It is available from
> > http://java.sun.com/xml. Once installed make sure the "jaxp.jar" and
> > "parser.jar" files are in your classpath.
> >
> > You will also need the JDK installed on your system, version
> 1.1 or later.
>
> Yes, I have all of that.
>
> > You didn't include the error messages here so I can't be sure what your
> > problem is.
>
> The output is included.
>
> I used the following commands to generate it on my Win98 box
> running cygwin
> and bash.
>
> echo $CLASSPATH >> output
> ./bootstrap.sh 2>> output
>
> > Did you read the system requirements section?
>
> Of course I did.

Sorry - you were going on about there being no documentation about which
jars ant requires. It seems reasonably clear to me. Anyway, you can add jars
till you are blue in the face and it wont solve the problems you are having

src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/util/regexp/RegexpMatcher.java:57: cannot
resolve symbol
symbol  : class BuildException
location: package ant
                           ^
This class does NOT require the regexp.jar. It is not looking for
regexp.jar. I am not sure why you assumed that?

You have another problem (I assume it is related to cygwin). Have a look
here for some pointers

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=97270138604695&w=2

I will try a cygwin setup tonight to see if I can reproduce your issue.

> > I have a number of OSS projects on my system. Many of them have
> xerces.jar
> > in them. Lots of different versions, and many have the same version but
> > different names. Is this really the solution you want?
>
> Until someone comes up with a CJAN, the answer is a strong yes.

Fair enough.

> --
> Honk if you love peace and quiet.

HONK, HONK, HONK