ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Cook" <jimc...@iname.com>
Subject RE: Anteater... I'm Baaaack...
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2000 04:27:31 GMT
If the only object to DOM is overhead then I think we have a topic for
discussion. As a developer, I have a few XML parsers (Xerces, Sun's parser
that is packaged with JAXP, JDOM) installed, and they all support DOM. I
think we have to remember that this is a developer tool. Why restrict its
simplicity and elegance by throwing out a perfectly acceptable library? I
don't understand the objection, especially when you look at Simeon's elegant
use of DOM in Antidote.

> W3C DOM will never get into core. Waaaaaay to[sic] much overhead.

Is this already a done deal? I don't have voting priveleges, but has this
been voted down before?

jim