ant-dev mailing list archives

From KC Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject RE: [submit] A build sound alert Task
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 13:29:23 GMT
Have some bad news to report about this task.  With some quick benchmarking,
it appears to significantly increase my build times.  I noticed that your
run() method in AntSoundPlayer has the following:

while( true ) {
}

I replaced that with the following to make it a bit more efficient.

	while( true ) {
        try {
          Thread.sleep(1000);
        } catch( InterruptedException ex ) {

        }
	}
Didn't know if this was committed yet, so I didn't figure a patch was in
order.  Perhaps there was some reason having to do with the sound playing
code that this kind of loop wouldn't work?

K.C.