ant-dev mailing list archives

From KC Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject RE: [submit] A build sound alert Task
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:49:01 GMT
I'm a bit confused as to the usage. (BTW, I love the fact that you can have
a continuous background sound for your build.  I'm going to look for a .wav
with construction noises like saws and hammers :)

Here you say it can only play sounds when the <b>build</b> is successful.

> Attached is a new Task that provides a sound alert for the user
> for certain BuildEvents. Currently, it can play sounds
> (I have only tested it with .aiff and .wav formats) when a build is
> succesful or a different one when a build fails.

But here, it's inside a <target>, which makes me think the sound depends on
the success of the <target>, not the <project>.

> an example:
> <target name="code">
>     <sound>
>        <success source="laser1.aif" loops="0"/>
>        <fail source="ohno.wav" loops="2"/>
>     </sound>

Thanks for writing this;  it should help me get back to work sooner after a
build finishes.

K.C.