ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Walters <jwalt...@netnumina.com>
Subject RE: Expanding ${} constructs for all attributes
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 02:24:15 GMT
Ah, I think I understand the pattern here.  If only I could embed a picture
of a lightbulb in my e-mail and not enrage the list.

Thanks for answering my question (in a way I could understand) Jose!!!!  It
would be excellent to put this into the manual someplace easy to find.

Cheers
Jay Walters

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Alberto Fernandez [mailto:JFernandez@viquity.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 4:31 PM
To: 'ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Expanding ${} constructs for all attributes

A couple of months ago I wrote a <case> task, that allowed you to inspect
the value of a property and set another property depending on it.
But it was sutdown, as not worthy, too scripty :-(

In any case, the accepted procedure is using the pattern:
   <property name="X.${X}" value="true" />

   <task .... if="X.A" .../>
   <task .... if="X.B" .../>

and so on.