ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: Did somebody say Shut up and Write? :)
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:28:48 GMT
On 12/28/00 12:05 AM, "Peter Vogel" <pvogel@arsin.com> wrote:

> No, I meant w.r.t. recompiling/importing any "extension" or "optional"
> .jar files that are used to implement features not a part of the "core".

Ah.

So, that opens up a tree of discussion.

For taskdefs with local source code that can be recompiled, there are two
possibilities:

    1) the project files taskdef that defines that task could point at
       a sourcebase which can be used to check

    2) the taskdef properties in the task's jar file (or other config file)
        could point at a local source base and check to see if it's up to
        date.

For taskdefs from remote servers, Hrm. If we provide some way for ant itself
to update itself, then it should be possible have that information available
for extension tasks in the task jar manifest or other date.

                                                                  !try; do()