ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: Problem using script task
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2000 01:48:28 GMT
On 12/26/00 11:56 AM, "Jason Rosenberg" <jason@squaretrade.com> wrote:

> I guess I just thought somehow that I already had javascript
> installed, since my browser uses it on a regular basis, etc.

Javascript in your browser is the browser's implementation and doesn't show
up as any kind of shared lib anywhere.

> So, probably, once I get to a point where I've got my preliminary
> build installation working, I'll make an effort to start writing
> some useful flow control tasks.  I assume that wouldn't be
> too difficult.
>
> Or, are there philosophical objections to doing so.  Simple
> things like loops and conditionals, etc.

If you mean objections to having scripting features as part of the core
definition of ant, yep -- there are objections. However if you mean being
able to have a script exposed via a task that when it runs it has access to
the internal object model of Ant and calls stuff or even rearranges the
project tree -- then there are no objections.

.duncan

                                                                  !try; do()