ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject [MEETING] January 12th. SF Bay.
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 06:23:09 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Ok, I'm going to apologize up front for those of you who can't make it due
to being geographically challenged. :-) I'm sorry, but if you can't make it,
it won't be the end of the world, we will post a summary of the meeting
online. I promise.

I want to have a high bandwidth meeting. This means that we meet in person
and hash this stuff out that we have been discussing in circles on the list.
The reason for this is that the mailing list currently does not have a high
enough bandwidth for making decisions due to everyone having different
opinions on everything. I think that we need to just sit down and meet face
to face to bring that personal touch into things.

This will be a *highly informal meeting* of people who are interested in the
following:

Ant 2.0
CJAN (My proposal for a CPAN.org type of system for Java)

I want to see us exit this meeting with good solid proposals for how we are
going to continue into the future with these projects. I want to be able to
report to the Ant-Dev list a consensus about the general direction we should
take to move things further. This of course will not be a final decision
because not everyone can make it, but I do want to get a group of people at
least pointed in one direction instead of the current mishmash of minds and
opinions.

The people who should come to this meeting are the developers and the people
who are willing to contribute their personal resources and knowledge towards
making these things a reality. You should come with an open mind and an open
attitude.

I would like to hold this at CollabNet's offices in the Bay Area since we
just moved in and we still have tons of open space to hold people. It is
also very close to SF as well as SFO if you choose to fly out for this
meeting. I can also house 1 person at my house in Berkeley for the weekend
if you need housing (I have a very comfortable extra futon). I'm sure that
James and Pier can also house people in south bay as well.

<http://www.collab.net/about/contact.html>

So, I was thinking that we could have the meeting start around 2:00pm and
then go for as long as people can stick around.

thanks,

-jon