ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: Anteater... I'm Baaaack...
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 05:26:42 GMT
On 12/14/00 5:22 PM, "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> However there are things that would be nice features - JPan discussed a
> while back is one of them as is the idea of "Workspaces" that contain many
> ant-projects.

Workspaces are a valuable concept. My take is that they can be clearly
articulated as a parent/child Project tree. However, as soon as AntEater
dogfoods, I'll set up some experiments to take a really close look.

> W3C DOM will never get into core. Waaaaaay to much overhead. However some
> form of abstracted DOM would be useful. I proposed a Configuration object
> which is a 1-to-1 mapping with Ants idea of object model. AntEater
> presumably uses nested hashtables. Another good option is JDOM thou no one
> warmed up to that idea ;)

Not hashtables. Sets. Vectors actually. Soon to be Sets (based on
Collections) You can't keep order with a Hashtable. :)

                                                                  !try; do()