ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: AntEater
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 04:56:03 GMT
On 12/14/00 7:22 AM, "James Cook" <jimcook@iname.com> wrote:

> Looking at the current source posted for Anteater, I consider myself somewhat
> underwhelmed. I really don't see anything truly different between it and the
> current version of Ant. Sure the new Task class includes a more
> JavaBean-centric implementation (and I believe this is a good thing), but this
> IMHO can be added to the existing Ant 1.2.

I'm not done yet. Heck, it doesn't even dogfood itself yet.

However, I'm not totally surprised that you are under whelmed. The goal here
is simplification down to what I intended Ant to be. Gee whiz features will
reveal themselves slowly.

Like the <buildtarget target="main" if="foo"/> as a logic flow construct
implemented as a task showing off the power of having a decent data model
and the ability to tweak it. :)

> I guess I am really looking forward to some more code regarding this proposal.

I've been sick all this last week, and putting together a new home office
while being sick -- so I've been slow. More code coming soon.

                                                                  !try; do()