ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: Ant2 and properties
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 04:51:18 GMT
On 12/4/00 5:30 AM, "Conor MacNeill" <conor@m64.com> wrote:

> I certainly support unifying properties and the other datatypes. I had
> originally just seen this as making property a string datatype, using
> the same namespace and passing to subprojects, etc. What you are
> suggesting above is a little different. With the above we would probably
> have an explicit string datatype.

As I was just saying to Conor offline -- I think I might be able to go for:

<property name="foo" value="bar/foo.html" type="java.lang.File"/>

Where the property hashtable was a name->object mapping and the default
object type was String. If some other type were specified, then that type
would be constructed with a String constructor taking the value as the
String passed to the constructor.

${foo} is satisfied by getProperty("foo").toString();

                                                                  !try; do()