ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: Ant2 and <script>
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 04:33:22 GMT
On 12/15/00 7:24 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> Then both proposals don't have a execute method in target anymore,
> this will limit scripts further - but this shouldn't be a big deal as
> execute could simply invoke project.executeTarget(getName()) and we'd
> be done - guess this is against the IOC pattern, Pete.

Actually, the methodology hardly limits scripts. In fact it sets them free
as they can operate on the project tree at will.

> AntEater doesn't have an executeTarget yet, but will sure get
> something similar once it cares for dependencies.

Actually in the code that's checked in, it's "startBuild(String
targetName)", but it really should just be "buildTarget(String targetName)"

> And then there might be scripts - valid in Ant 1.x - that invoke
> Task.execute directly. No way to do this in one of the two proposals.

Not yet in AntEater since Task isn't the task instance. However, there
should be.

                                                                  !try; do()