ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Optional Tasks
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2000 23:47:55 GMT
On 12/10/00 3:28 PM, "Jon Stevens" <jon@latchkey.com> wrote:

> We should build functionality into Ant that makes integration of optional
> tasks as easy as downloading a .jar file from a website and placing it into
> a directory.
>
> I believe that what James is doing with Ant 2.0 allows for this.

Yeppers.. It's not checked in yet, but there's some functionality that I'm
playing with right now that formalizes this sort of approach. It started out
as a proof of concept for doing CJAN downloads, but since a task jar can
live anywhere spec'd by a URL, it's cake to make it work for tasks well in
advance of CJAN.

                                                                  !try; do()