ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Optional Tasks
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:15:19 GMT
I'm still not sure what version of Ant this should apply to, but lets get
the proposal written before I spend a whole bunch more time justifying
myself for my reasons. I see a lot of people still not "getting it" so I
hope to have a proposal to clarify things for people.

Here are the rules to the proposal:

The definition of a "core" task is a task that Ant really cannot live
without. This would be similar to taglibs that are part of the core JSP

The definition of an "optional" task is a task that really should be
packaged with the product it serves.

However, there are cases where this is not feasible. Therefore, we will
provide a separate CVS repository and mailing lists that serve as a storage
and support area for tasks that cannot be bundled with the original
products. Such as a perforce task. This would be similar to the taglibs
Jakarta Project.

View raw message