ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Taskdef for XMLC (xmlc.enhydra.org)...
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:13:50 GMT
on 12/10/2000 9:32 AM, "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The problem I have with Jon's recommended approach is that it doesn't let
> me know there is already an Ant task available for something.

2 second solution:

Create a page on the Ant website that has links to the optional tasks.

Done.

> Personally, I'd love to at least have a chance to see any tasks that have
> been written for Ant that anyone wants to put out there -- including your
> "tons of tasks", Jon.
>
> Diane

sourceforge.net is a good enough place for hosting. :-)

Here is another similarity. Nullsoft (and others) distributes an MP3 player
that allows you to customize it by adding skins and various plugins. Do you
think that they are actually going to distribute and support all of that
software by bundling it? I think not.

-jon

--
Honk if you love peace and quiet.