ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: replace task not working?
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2000 06:38:28 GMT
on 12/8/2000 10:30 PM, "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> Without looking closely you may want to change it to.
>
> <replace file="E:/Projects/tdk/dist/tdk/conf/server.xml">
> <replacetoken>a</replacetoken>
> <replacevalue>A</replacevalue>
> </replace>
>
> This just makes sure itis not a funky whitespace issue
> Cheers,

right, but the problem is that i need to embed cdata into there. :-)

The "real" content I'm trying to replace is:

        <replace file="${tdk.dist}/conf/server.xml">
            <replacetoken>
                <![CDATA[</ContextManager>]]>
            </replacetoken>
            <replacevalue>
                <![CDATA[<Context path="/" docBase="webapps/site">
                </Context>
                </ContextManager>]]>
            </replacevalue>
        </replace>

As you can see, it has <> tags in there. I tried simplifying things with
just a replace of the letter "a", but that still didn't work. I'm wondering
if we have to do a .trim() on the data or something.

-jon

--
Honk if you love peace and quiet.