ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: Anteater... I'm Baaaack...
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 17:22:59 GMT
On 12/6/00 2:10 AM, "Conor MacNeill" <conor@m64.com> wrote:

> Duncan,
>
> Would you like a patch already :-) Bootstrap needs to use
> File.pathSeparator. Also I had a little fun and wrote Bootboot.java to
> save me finding tools.jar. Take it or leave it :-)

Cool. I'll take it.. :) So, I took your idea one step further. Since I
*don't* have a lib/tools.jar on my system (on MacOS X it's already on the
system classpath by default), I changed it to check for the existence of the
compiler class, and if it doesn't exist, it adds the classpath. This seems
cleaner than assuming that we've got a lib/tools.jar.

I was just about ready to check it into CVS, but SSH is acting up on locus
right now.. :( I've attached Bootstrap.java and Bootstrap2.java for
reference. Can you verify that it does indeed run ok on a system that has a
lib/tools.jar? (and yeah, I would've diff'd them, but I don't have the
histories via CVS either since SSH is down).

                                                                  !try; do()