ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: A Users Experience
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 09:12:11 GMT
On 12/5/00 8:23 AM, "Simeon Fitch" <metasim@yahoo.com> wrote:

> BTW: Do you know if the ability to override the default system properties
> via the command-line is part of the VM spec, or just a feature of a
> particular VM?

I don't think that this is spec'd (though I could be wrong!). However, all
of the impl's that I've tried this on have worked. Even where properties are
set differently, its worked. For example, when using the MRJAppBuilder tools
on both OS9 and OSX, you can set system properties in the .properties file
that the Application stub uses to launch the VM.

                                                                  !try; do()