ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: A Users Experience
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:25:16 GMT
I'm on Win98 running things under bash and cygwin. So, effectively, assume
that I'm on Unix like the rest of you.

on 12/4/2000 5:41 PM, "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> It is not pretty if you are on win32 but hopefully that will be fixed in a
> days. Basically all I do is drop xerces.jar, regexp.jar into lib directory
> as well as any other things I need during build (junit/stylebook/other).
> Then I hack the build scripts to hardwire a heap of junk. The scripts make
> too many assumptions that are correct for my build environment (ie win98
> with no CLASSPATH set) so I have modded versions sitting about.

HACK the build scripts?????????????????????? WTF?

> give me a little time ;)
> It is perfectly doable in *nix but the problem is that win32 scripting
> leaves a little to be desired. It doesn't even have a basic command like

Under unix it sucks as well.

I'm really really surprised that a tool to making building software easy is
so hard to build itself.

This is exactly why I check .jar files into CVS.

-jon

--
Honk if you love peace and quiet.