ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject JUnit task: RFEs ?
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:38:47 GMT

I would like to know if someone is currently working on the JUnit task to
make some improvements.

I don't know what are the top RFEs for it so maybe Stefan can tell more
about this, since he at least received my comments about this and I have
seen similar comments in newsgroups and mailing lists these last days.

At least:

 - Allow to specify a directory for batchtest. (I have already done a quick
patch for this in order to add a todir attribute to the batchtest tag)

 - Allow to aggregate the content of a batchtest into a single file.
I'm unsure about the best way to do this. It might be interesting to give
the result at different levels (All/Package/Class) but it might also be done
in a more flexible way by working on the 'All' xml and iterating over all
nodes. So the 'All' results as xml would be enough (at the coding level)
Maybe also we could add a special property to specify the report granularity
"all,package,class" would generate the xml in these 3 different flavors.

I think the latest has more impact on the existing code, I didn't fully
analyzed it yet. What do you think Stefan ?

People, any comments or additional RFEs ?

Regards,

--
 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France