ant-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #572 has been filed.
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:00:31 GMT
Bug report #572 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/572>

REPORT #572 Details.

Project: Ant
Category: Feature Requests
SubCategory: Enhancement
Class: suggest
State: received
Severity: non-critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 1.2
   JVM Release: 1.3
   Operating System: Win2000
   OS Release: SP1
   Platform: Intel Pentium III

Synopsis:
Return value in bin/runant.pl script

On Windows 2000, both the perl script and the batch file do not return the return value that
was returned by the Java ant code. This makes it difficult to use in automated scripts that
run at night that need to evaluate whether to continue, or to stop and report failure.

I would like to request a change to the perl script (I'm not sure if it's possible to evaluate
and return values in a windows script). I attached some code in the work around section that
will do this.