ant-dev mailing list archives

From marco struck <m.str...@nexolution.de>
Subject Java Scripting Host
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:10:14 GMT
hi people,
I have seen, that there was discussions about loops and if/else statements for
ANT,
but it was denied because ANT is just a build tool.

So my question: Exists anywhere a project to build up a kind of "Java Scripting
Host", which use the BSF
(http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/bsf/) ?

That means, exists anywhere a java script engine which could be a replacement
for perl, sh, awk and so on !?
It could solve all scripting problems between different platforms, e.g. install
and startup scripts

If not, should there open a new subproject at jakarta, to develop some kind of
that....... JSH ?

I have a dream ...... startup.jsh and shutdown.jsh runs on each system !

--
mit freundlichen grüßen / best regards
marco struck

public key: http://www.nexolution.de/keys/public/mstruck.asc
fingerprint: CC99 1171 0F0F E7F4 D649  D332 3C84 8C3C E80E 7EAA