ant-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Tribble <louis.trib...@metamata.com>
Subject Re: Whoa Bessie... Was -- Re: [Proposal] AntFarm
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 02:16:11 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> This sounds a lot like the right abstraction to look at XSLT (or CSS)
> for ANT. To see them as build configuration objects.
> The question is how they get associated with the build.
>  - Is there a default configuration or user configuration object?
>  - Can one conbine their application to the same build?
>    User config file, OS config file, build-type config file, etc.

Please tell me if there is an archive of ant-dev. I could use it
right now...

The idea that struck me as promising was suggested, I thought by
Jose Alberto. He was discussing Nico's (I hope that's right) task plugin
proposal, and suggested that the XML taskdef element could also
server to override default properties for already defined tasks. When
used with an appropriate search scheme for default configuration files
(which was also discussed) it seemed liked it addressed a lot of the
issues.

Louis

P.S. Nico's proposal did not get checked in, correct?