ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Simeon H.K. Fitch" <sim...@fitch.net>
Subject Re: AW: Tool Integration Problems
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2000 02:06:07 GMT

Christoph Wilhelms wrote:

> >Indexed properties, as defined by the JavaBeans spec. A little more
> >involved than the "getFoo()" example, but not a big deal, especially
> >since it can be handled by an abstract base class or a delegation class.
>
> +1 for bean-spec conform development! Not only for task... Don't you agree,
> Sim!?! ;-)

Aha! You've been lurking and I caught you with my bait! Awahahahahaha!!

Seriously, I know where you are going with this, and I have continued to
consider you proposal that the GUI components in Antidote provide a
default ctor so that they can be used in a GUI builder. Either Stephan
or Conor (I forget who) correctly pointed out to me that providing a
default ctor and then an init() method that accepts the data required
for starup shouldn't be any big deal, albeit an extra step required when
using the class by hand.

My comments in my previous mail (above) were relative to the data model,
in  which I strongly value a JavaBeans compliant implementation. Lest I
be labeled a hypocrite, I will be happy to make the according changes to
the Antidote GUI components if you are still in favor of them. However,
I still stand firmly in my position against any VAJ code (generated or
otherwise) in Antidote.

Let me know!

sim