ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Simeon H.K. Fitch" <sim...@fitch.net>
Subject Re: Tool Integration Problems
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2000 16:25:24 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

> >Simply
> >forcing Task authors to provide getters may be good enough. This can be
> >validated at parse time (in IntrospectionHelper) for enforcement.
>
> Not desirable. Only a small population of users will ever use the getters
> but it constitutes a significant amount of work.

I disagree here. Adding a "public String getFoo()" is a 30 second task.
I would be more than willing to volunteer my time to go through very
task in Ant and provide such accessor methods if the group voiced
support for it.

> Also how would you deal
> with sub-elements.

Indexed properties, as defined by the JavaBeans spec. A little more
involved than the "getFoo()" example, but not a big deal, especially
since it can be handled by an abstract base class or a delegation class.

sim