ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: A Users Experience
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 19:35:31 GMT
James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> On 12/6/00 1:48 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Search in your mail backlog for Jon's CJAN proposal, Subject was
> > "[PROPOSAL] jar distribution system" 8-).
>
> Oh, I'm +1 for a CJAN. In fact, Pier and I talked for a  couple of hours one
> day about how to make it work well.
>
> But until CJAN is implemented, we need a workaround solution (iow, a hack)
> that we can use now, not later. At least it would be nice. Of course, I
> don't mind having the bootstrapper go off and suck in the xml classes -- it
> works quite well really. :)

There's one potential use case where doing it this way might bite:
* Connect my laptop to the network
* Do my "cvs update" of the Ant space but forget to bootstrap
* Disconnect from the network and get on a plane
* ./bootstrap.sh
* oops ... no parser :-(

Of course, it's shame on me for not remembering to bootstrap when I was
connected, but it's gonna happen.

> --
> James Duncan Davidson                                        duncan@x180.net
>                                                                   !try; do()