ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Ant developers' guide - or not, so how do I???
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 15:20:06 GMT
Unless I've missed it, there doesn't appear to be
an 'Ant Developers Guide' that gives info
about how to write Ant tasks. There is just
the user manual.

I'm trying to transform the Ant 1.2 Weblogic jsp compiler
task into a Jrun jsp compiler task, which is giving
me the long desired chance to learn the insides
of 'ant'.

However, the existing weblogic jsp compiler task
is calling setArgs(arg), which cause messages
about that functionality being deprecated, use
nested arguments. Well, I'd love to.... if I could
figure out what API to use instead of setArgs(arg).

So, lacking a developer's guide, what existing task
in Ant release 1.2 (core or optional) would be a
good example to look at to understand how to
change the code????

Thanks!!!