ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Pellow <n...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: [submit] A build sound alert Task
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 00:05:20 GMT

KC Baltz wrote:

> I'm a bit confused as to the usage. (BTW, I love the fact that you can have
> a continuous background sound for your build.

Sorry, I do have the code for that, but I did not send it as I thought
it not as
important/useful as the build alert! (I must have left the comment in
though)

I'm going to look for a .wav
> with construction noises like saws and hammers :)
>
> Here you say it can only play sounds when the <b>build</b> is successful.
>
> > Attached is a new Task that provides a sound alert for the user
> > for certain BuildEvents. Currently, it can play sounds
> > (I have only tested it with .aiff and .wav formats) when a build is
> > succesful or a different one when a build fails.
> >

> But here, it's inside a <target>, which makes me think the sound depends on
> the success of the <target>, not the <project>.

Nope,
I add it to the project:
getProject().addBuildListener(soundPlayer);

then I start a new Thread, which runs until
public void buildFinished(BuildEvent event)
is called.

As long as the <sound> task is defined in a target somewhere, it's
thread
will run until the end of the build to alert the user.